Accrete is a fast-growing enterprise AI software & solutions company based in Lower Manhattan. Accrete was launched in 2017 on the back of over a decade of R&D pertaining to the problem of getting a machine to perform cognitive tasks accurately without manual labeling. Accrete’s configurable AI platform understands context with human level accuracy to substantially increase a company’s overall productivity and deliver results. Accordingly, Accrete’s growth continues to accelerate as leading organizations struggle with information complexity/overload and are seeking to offload manual tasks with AI that require human level understanding and explainability, not just rules based automation.
Today, Accrete’s global team consists of 100+ members including world class AI research, development, product, design, industry research, information security, operations and sales professionals. Accrete’s AI is boosting efficiency and driving growth in previously unimaginable ways. Accrete’s applications are being licensed in production with some of the most important and largest organizations in the world across industries such as Defense and Intelligence, Media and Entertainment, Finance, Insurance and E-commerce.
Responsibilities: Build, Improve and extend ML & NLP capabilities, Research and evaluate new/different approaches to NLP problems, Produce deliverable results and take them from development to production in collaboration with our AI Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers. Potential for managerial responsibilities within six to 18 months.
- MSc./PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or related fields from a top tier university
- Three to Seven years of experience with the ability to get deep in the development of the described NLP capabilities below, as well as have managerial potential or some managerial experience
- Expertise in at least 3 of the following: Entity Extraction, Relationship extraction, Document Classification, Topic Modeling, Natural Language Understanding (NLU) Must have: Strong understanding of text pre-processing and normalization techniques such as: Tokenization, POS tagging and parsing and how they work at a low level
- Experience with some of the open-source NLP toolkits such as CoreNLP, OpenNLP, spaCy, NLTK, gensim, LingPipe, Mallet, etc. Experience with open-source ML/math toolkits such as scikit-learn, MLlib, Theano, NumPy, etc.
- Experience with noisy and/or unstructured textual data (e.g. tweets)
- Strong knowledge of Python, and general software development skills (source code management, debugging, testing, deployment, etc)
- Expertise in producing, processing, evaluating and utilizing training data. Great to have: Good understanding of linguistics and language as a phenomenon
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and its subfields
- Experience with non-English NLP
- Experience with Deep Learning and Word Embeddings
- Published work in academic conferences/journals or industry circles
- Ability to collaborate with bigger teams and excellent communication skills